Monday, September 27, 2010

Checklists


2 months have passed in this, my 2nd and final year with the JET Program. It's a strange feeling because now, when I take a trip to a far away place in Japan, I catch myself thinking how it may or may not be my last visit. I don't blog out of sadness or dismay, but rather, anticipation of the countless adventures yet to be had in this amazing nation in the remaining 10 months!

With that, I present to you my checklist of things I want to see/do in the next 10 months while in the JET Program (not in any particular order):

1. Capture the 100 Shinsengumi Memorial near Itabashi station in Tokyo through artsy photography.
2. Run down the riverbanks of the Arakawa River in the Adachi area just like they do in Kinpachi Sensei.
3. Hug the Hachiko statue at Shibuya Station.
4. Leave a paper crane in the Peace Memorial Park in Nagasaki.
5. Snowboard a black diamond slope in Hokkaido.
6. Slurp down a meal at an outdoor ramen stand.
7. Tokyo Disney and Disney Sea. (At least one day per location!)
8. Ikebukuro Gyoza Stadium and Ice Cream City. 'nuff said ;)
9. Cheer at a kendo competition.
10. 2010 Saga International Balloon Fiesta. Again, 'nuff said :)
 --------------------Edit-----------------------
11. Slurp down some ramen at the Ramen Museum in Yokohama (credit to Dad...hehe)

1 comment:

  1. Tiffy!!!
    It's Jamie!

    OK. Come to Hakata for the ramen in the streets, and let's go to Saga for the ballons :)

    Oh, and I'm going to need video of you doing the Kinpachi-sensei stunt ;) hahahahahaha! I love it!

    ReplyDelete